Login

 

 

November 18, 2017
 HomeSchool History     
School History Minimize

Our school is named after the first Superintendent in the Torrance Unified School District, Dr. John Henrich Hull. Dr. Hull was Superintendent from 1947 until 1970; a period when the Torrance school district grew from 4 schools to 41 schools. The student population has grown from 2,000 to over 30,000.

It was opened in April, 1970 on 8.9 acres, which the District purchased in 1967 for $657,000. The construction cost at that time was $555,000. It opened as a middle school to serve southeast Torrance. Additions were made in 1985. The part steel portables were moved from Madison School in North Torrance after that school was closed in 1969 due to declining enrollment. The total size of the school at that time was 44,391 sq. ft., with 10 buildings holding 34 classrooms.

Principals

  • Richard Brown - 1970-76
  • Michael Bartelt - 1976-87
  • Barry Gross - 1987-89
  • Bill Tokubo - 1989-93
  • Victoria Estrada - 1993-94
  • Debra Von Sprecken - 1994-99
  • Timothy Stowe - 1999-04
  • Andrew Heughins - 2004-06
  • Barry Lafferty - 2006-2014
  • Patty Girgis - 2015-Present
Print  
 
 Hull Middle School 2080 W. 231 Street, Torrance, CA 90505   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement