Program for Student Accountibility (PSA)
The Torrance Unified School District's Program for Student Accountability (PSA) is designed to assist students to improve academic achievement, effort, and citizenship grades. Students are placed on this program when any of the following conditions exists on the report card:
- The average for the achievement grades is below a "C" or 2.0 without a minimum of 24 effort points.
- There is 2 or more "U's" in citizenship.
Consequences of this placement may include the following:
- Restriction from school activities, contests or special events;
- A modified school program;
- Adjustment transfer to another school; and/or
- Restriction from some or all promotion activities (students will not be denied this partipation solely on the basis of poor academic grades).