Recommended review and reading: Life Science Textbook, Chapter 1 Nature of Science (Will be covered all year and is foundational).
Pre-Requistes and Review (September 7 to 15, 2017): Science Safety and Making Measurements.
Module: Chemistry, Unit: Matter
Monday, September 18, 2017
- Vocabulary for LT. 1A due Wednesday September 20 (By end of class)
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- What is the Matter with Gas activity (9/19/2017) due end of class on Wednesday.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Particle Movement Activity: The Ocean- Record into Notebook.
- Particles Motion Reading handed out P. 23-27. Review Questions are practice. Recommedned completed no later than Friday.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Modeling States of Matter- Record into Notebook.
- Optional Practicec: Directed Reading, use online PS textbook for section on What is Matter? Recommended no later than Monday.
Friday, September 22, 2017
- Activity- Comparing similar substances and their States: Ice- Record into Notebook.
Monday, September 25, 2017
- Review States of Matter and Phase Changes.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Phase Change Lab (*Fire warning. Must comply with dress code)
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Friday, September 29, 2017