Recommended review and reading: Life Science Textbook, Chapter 1 Nature of Science (Will be covered all year and is foundational).
Pre-Requistes and Review (September 7 to 15, 2017): Science Safety and Making Measurements.
Module: Chemistry, Unit: Matter UNIT EXAM on Thursday October 5th
Monday, September 18, 2017
- Vocabulary for LT. 1A due Wednesday September 20 (By end of class)
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- What is the Matter with Gas activity (9/19/2017) due end of class on Wednesday.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Particle Movement Activity: The Ocean- Record into Notebook.
- Particles Motion Reading handed out P. 23-27. Review Questions are practice. Recommedned completed no later than Friday.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Modeling States of Matter- Record into Notebook.
- Optional Practicec: Directed Reading, use online PS textbook for section on What is Matter? Recommended no later than Monday.
- Recommended Reading: Physical Science TB Chapter 3, Section 1.
Friday, September 22, 2017
- Activity- Comparing similar substances and their States: Ice- Record into Notebook.
- Recommended Reading & Outline: Physical Science Chapter 3 Section 2
Monday, September 25, 2017
- Review States of Matter and Phase Changes.
- Optional Practice: Directed Reading- States of Matter Chpater 3 Section 2 use Physical Science TB. Due Thursday 9/28/17
- Recommended Reading: Chapter 3, Section 3
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Phase Change Lab (*Fire warning. Must comply with dress code)
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Partciles have a Name: CHNOPS hand out. Complete by Friday 9/29/17.
- Phases of Matter Reading and Annotation- in class.
Thursday, September 28, 2017
- The Elements- Colr in Periodic Table Due Tuesday, 10/3/2017.
Friday, September 29, 2017
- Phase Change- Boiling Lab- Rescheduled from earlier this week. Fire warning. No alcohol based gel or hair spray. Will complete on Monday.
Monday, October 2, 2017
- Collected Phase Change Lab.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- Study Guide and Review Activities
Thursday, October 5, 2017
- Review for Exam and correct Study Guide
Friday, October 6, 2017
Week of October 9, 2017
Unit 1 Exam Corrections & Begin Science Investigtion/Engineering Project: Sciencec Island Fighting Thirst
Monday, October 16, 2017
- Continue with Science Island- Fighting Thirst Engineering Design