Recommended review and reading: Physical Science Textbook, Chapter 1 (Will be covered all year and is foundational).
Pre-Requistes and Review (September 7 to 15, 2017): Science Safety and Making Measurements.
Module: Astronomy, Unit: Universe UNIT EXAM on Thursday October 5th
Monday, September 18, 2017
- Vocabulary for LT. 1A due Wednesday September 20 (By end of class)
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Big Bang and the Expanding Universe.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Looking Out at the Universe and its expansion.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Evolution of the Universe and types of galaxies.
- Making Galaxies.
Friday, September 22, 2017
Monday, September 25, 2017
- Types of Galaxies LT 1B into Notebook.
- Optional Practice: Directed Reading- Galaxies , Due Thursday 9/28
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Gravity and Galaxies Lab (Cancelled- and changed)
- Citizen Science Project: LT 1B- Galaxy Zoo, due Thursday.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- CSUDH Lab STEM School Field Trip
Friday, September 29, 2017
- Directed Reading- GRAVITY is required.
- Gravity Stations will continue on Monday.
Monday, October 30, 2017
- A Star is Born Hand Out- Due Thursday.
- Science Notebooks due Thursday.
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Recommended: DR Life Cycle of A Star- Due Friday.
- ISS Experiment Project Prep
Wednesday, November 1 & Thursday, November 2, 2017
- ISS Experiments Presentation on Microgravity